All are invited to a
Mass of Remembrance
November 2, 2016 at 6:00pm
for the deceased parishioners of the past year.
Reception to follow.
Please RSVP to the Parish Office 444-3524
One Heart One Mind
Doors of Mercy
Pope Francis has announced an opportunity for Catholics to obtain a plenary indulgence during the Year of Mercy by passing through a designated Holy Door during the Year of Mercy.
Those who pass through a Holy Door during this jubilee year will receive a plenary indulgence, which removes all of the temporal punishment for sins committed up to that time for oneself or a soul in purgatory- provided the recipient completes the following steps on or before November 20th, 2016.
Steps to obtain a plenary indulgence:
- Pass through the doors of mercy of the pilgrimage church. Our church is Sacred Heart Church but there are many other churches that can be found here: http://cdop.org/mercy/
- Make a profession of faith in the church (either the Apostles’ or Nicene Creed).
- Pray for the pope’s intentions and the pope himself.
- Meditate on mercy while receiving Communion during a period either 20 days before or after visiting the pilgrimage church.
- Participate in the sacrament of penance during a period either 20 days before or after visiting the pilgrimage church.
For the homebound or those who find it impossible to enter the Holy Door, particularly the sick. For them it will be of great help to live their sickness and suffering as an experience of closeness to the Lord who in the mystery of his Passion, death and Resurrection indicates the royal road which gives meaning to pain and loneliness. Living with faith and joyful hope this moment of trial, receiving communion or attending Holy Mass and community prayer, even through the various means of communication, will be for them the means of obtaining the Jubilee Indulgence.
For the imprisoned, the Holy Father says, "They may obtain the Indulgence in the chapels of the prisons. May the gesture of directing their thought and prayer to the Father each time they cross the threshold of their cell signify for them their passage through the Holy Door, because the mercy of God is able to transform hearts, and is also able to transform bars into an experience of freedom."
Calling All High School Stdents: Are you interested in attending the Identity Youth Rally on November 12th from 11:30-8pm?
Father Steve would like to get a group of teens to attend this rally with him and other adult chaperones. If you are interested, please contact the parish office! $30/person